The flange guards are made with the clear material so that the Flange Guards liquid release can be seen through the shield providing visual indication. Such shields are suitable for corrosive chemicals as it is safe for use due to the technical fabric and Teflon thread used for stitching which prevents spillage as well as contamination. For strong acids and higher temperatures and pressures, PTFE materials are excellent as they have high resistant chemical properties for most materials. Typically used acids, alkaline, caustic, solvents, fuels, lubrications, oils and or fluids, the device is designed to provide high benefits of resisting spray outs, leakage, and mist formations.
They are affordable in nature and are engineered with the tough materials to provide proper protection in the most complex applications. It is UV, chemical and weather resistance that is tested on different parameters to ensure the safety at the low temperatures as well as the high ones. It controls the leak limit with the surroundings to reduce the down time and injuries. Besides this, it also provides excellent protection against the contaminations to the sensitive fluids flowing inside.
General Benefits Of Installing PTFE Flange Guards:-
- They are manufactured in the different materials that resist the hazardous or toxic chemicals commonly used in the process industries at varying temperatures and pressures. They are used in wide applications for preventing liquid releases in different pipe connections – Customized Connections, Flanges, Heat Exchangers, Clamps, Pumps, Pressure Vessels, Instruments, Tube Fittings, Valves of All Kinds, Unions, Expansion Joints, Elbows, Hose Couplings, Flow Meters, Tees, etc.
- They are designed to install at the joints located near the eye level, walkways and traffic areas, unloading and loading areas, discharge sides of the pumps, tight and confined spaces, and conveying flammables near hot surfaces as well as electronics.
- Some of the variants come with PH indicator, which signals the leakage by immediately changing colors, and some are available in clear see-through styles where the leakage can be seen through the eyes with an ease.
- They are good at high temperature tolerance and provide excellent protection against the leakage borne due to melting materials at the high temperatures. It is stitched around through the polyester thread and draw cord to prevent the fluids from coming out.
- Compact in size they are a perfect solution for prevention against leakage and protecting the personnel from the chemical contact with considerable cost savings. They actually help you to minimize the accidents by saving the down time and unplanned absenteeism.